Monday, March 13, 2006

to the father of the most potent force

light years part us... both in literature and flesh alike.

your summons, i have answered...
your waters test; and my school girl takes flight.

i am to you-- indebted...
for reasons more than many, you and i could find.

'neath your wisdom is a child that i am...
tears, we share and an open mind.

my yellow sun grants you strength and beyond... then amaze me, kryptonian!

sanctuary in your arms, adopt me!
just like my own green beast once did...

fly me elsewhere! this unbroken spirit pleads...
show me wonders that in the night you alone see...

and yet...

i take my leave with you.
for to you, i am more...
yet to me, you are less...

and one day i will fly too...
fly away with another's wings.

but for now, hold my hand...
not a word from you...
none of your rantings.

No comments: