Sunday, February 19, 2006

Songs of The Week

yeah... two of 'em!

i didn't really realize that these two songs had a common theme until just now that i am about to write them in...

Beat Of My Heart
Hilary Duff
from Most Wanted

Fly Like A Bird
Mariah Carey
from The Emancipation Of Mimi

both were just feel good songs for me... and i'd play them as often as i had the chance. especially Beat Of My Heart, which captured me frameshot portrait and all. the first verse of that song hits home like a Michael Jordan free throw. check it out...

i'm thinking about letting it out,
i wanna give in
i wanna go out...
been lookin' around,
i finally found
the rhythm of love
the feeling of sound...
it's making a change
the feeling is strange,
it's coming right back,
right back in my range...
not worried about anything else...
i'm wakin' up
to the beat of my heart

sans the obviously redundant chorus, this song has a nice beat... (for me that is) like sunny meets bubbly rebel... hehehe! as for Fly Like A Bird, if only what Teri Hatcher said at this year's Grammy's could come true... (she remarked, "Wow! That was amazing! I feel like we've all just been saved...") need i say more? both songs, in their respective aspects and levels, lead up to salvation. freedom. liberation. whatever you call it... just love 'em both.

No comments: